Sunday, November 9, 2008

Meet the Hixon's


I grew up all over the U.S. I have lived everywhere from Cape Cod, MA to Seattle, WA and many places in between. In 2002 I moved to Wynne, AR where I met my husband Chuck. We married in 2005 and there began my "now" life.
He works with his best friends who own an electric company here, and spends his days putting down well motors and climbing to terrifying heights up grain bins. He has three beautiful girls: Beth, Casey, and Mandy (aka Mookie). Beth and Casey are both grown, living on their own. Mandy lives with us and tries hard to keep her dad and I straight.
I'm finishing up teaching a semester at the local community college, but will not return to work next semester. Chuck and I are on the tale end of the process of adopting some children from foster-care. We are praying for a young sibling group, as those children have the hardest time finding homes that will keep them together. We will be all finished up by the end of the year, and then it will just be a matter of matching us up with the kids.
And that 'bout sums up who we are and what we are about. It may not seem too awful interesting now, but keep reading. My bf doesn't call me 2% for nothin'! LOL

2 comments:

  1. Melonie,
    I love your writing and will enjoy reading your blog.

    Love,
    Aunt Carol

    ReplyDelete
  2. Awww, thanx Aunt Carol! And look! You're the very first to write a comment, for that you win a very special prize! You win an....uhm....well...ok, I guess you just get a thank you. But remember, it is a thank you from The Favorite!

    ReplyDelete