Wednesday, June 1, 2011

Perfect Fried Deer

A little fact around my house is that Chuck is the better cook.  While I have come a long way in recent years, there are some things (like pancakes, monkey bread and fried deer) that I doubt I will ever surpass him in!  I thought that ya'll might be interested in his fried deer secret so here goes: 


1.     Chuck prefers to use deer steak, he cuts it into small pieces and then soaks it in Italian Dressing for at least eight hours.





2.     When we are ready to cook dinner we tenderize the meat.  It didn't take me long to figure out that that little hammer thingy is NOT to be used to de-clump my powder laundry detergent...go figure!  Way-lay the pooh outta the meat for about 45 seconds on each side.



3.  Salt & pepper each individual piece, then coat them with flour.


4.  Put enough oil in the pan to coat each piece and let it get hot before adding the deer meat.






5.  Depending upon the thickness of the deer meat, it will take about 10-15 minutes for the venison to get done.  It should look like the picture when it is ready to eat!








2%

No comments:

Post a Comment