Sunday, January 17, 2010

Baby Shower


I can't believe how the time has flown. It seems like mere moments ago that I was running into the bedroom at 3:30 in the morning asking Chuck if I had read the test right (yes, 3:30...don't ask) now I'm 36 weeks along and sitting at home surrounded by a vast amount of presents bought in love for little Hila Fay (although if she keeps growing at her rate of a pound a week she won't be little for long!).

The afternoon went absolutely splendidly! The ladies from our church, Fair Oaks Baptist, and several from Pine Tree Baptist got together to host the event. The fellowship hall was immersed in pinks, greens, and camo's and the cake, punch, and finger foods looked as if they came from a perfect party poster. Around thirty women, girls, and tots gathered round to laugh, ohhhhh and awwww over the precious presents. Chuck and I couldn't be more tickled with the end result than we are. We were blessed with blankets (both store bought and home-made) and onsies, diapers and wipes, and tons and tons of pink outfits. I'm pretty sure it's going to take me nigh on a year and a half to put away everything.

No comments:

Post a Comment