Tuesday, January 19, 2010

Hospital

It seems as if my 2% luck has caught up with me once again. After finding that my blood pressure was still high at yesterday's check-up the doctor has put me in the hospital until delivery. Right now we really don't know when that will be. The doctors should come in in a bit and let us know whether they plan to induce or to let me bake for a bit longer.

Until then, it's a waiting game. I suppose, that if I have to be in a hospital this is the best one to be in. They have me in a hall with other "bed-ridden" women. I've been told that we can get out of our beds, just not leave the rooms so the activity of the day is for the women to stand in their doorways and talk with each other. If I get bored of that, they have a room full of movies and two carts full of books. Wireless internet is provided in all the rooms, so I'll be able to leave minute-by-minute plays.

3 comments:

  1. Please please please keep me posted! Are you at Baptist?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Is this the only way they could get you to actually stay in bed? I'm praying for you. Mabel was born at 36 1/2 weeks and she did great and it sounds like Hila is bigger than she was. Still be great to bake a little longer though. Blessings.

    ReplyDelete
  3. LeAnna: Noooooo......, you know me, always the good girl! :-D
    They say that Hila is doing really well and they don't expect any problems with her, I guess it's just mommy that's being difficult!

    Dalal: I will, and yes. I'm at Baptist Women's.

    ReplyDelete